Please note the feature below is only available for users who have Admin permission.
As a default, all rules set up in our system carry zero weight, therefore rule weights need to be assigned to determine a Creative Quality Score.
Weight is calculated by taking the number of rules you're tracking and dividing 100% by that number of rules. For example, if your organization is tracking 5 rules, each rule will contribute 20% to your overall Creative Quality Score. (To customize the minimum score a creative needs to reach to be considered Excellent or on Track, please review our FAQ).
If certain rules are worth more (or less) to you than others and should contribute a different amount towards your Creative Quality Score or your Creative Quality Spend Rate, you can customize the weight of each rule in the Rules section of our dashboard. You can also set rules to carry no weight (0% contribution towards Creative Quality or Quality Spend Rate) if you're testing a new rule and looking to measure adherence before factoring it into your Creative Quality Score.
Rule weights can be updated by platform so the same rule can carry a different weight for your Facebook Ads vs your YouTube ads, for example. At this time, rule weights cannot be updated by market or brand.
To update the weight of each rule, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Rules section of your dashboard and select Scoring.
- Select the channel whose rule weight you'd like to edit. If you'd like to edit a rule that applies to multiple channels, you will need to customize that rule for each channel in scope.
- Next to Guideline Weights, click "Edit."
- Next, set the number of points you'd like each rule to have. As a default, each rule has 1 point. Points are how we determine the weight of each guideline. Percentages are calculated by taking the point value assigned to each guideline and dividing that by the total number of points. To modify a weight, adjust a guideline’s point value to see the percentages update. Guidelines that have zero points won’t be factored into the creative quality metrics.
- Once you're happy with the new percentages carried by each rule, click "Update" in the bottom right to save your change.
The new rule weights you've set will start processing automatically. Creative Quality and Quality Spend Rate scores for all creatives that have been run on that channel will be recalculated based on the changes you've made. It will take from 1 to 24 hours for the change to fully propagate through your dashboard.
Anytime a change is made to your rule weights, you'll see that change reflected in your change log. The change log will specify what rule weights were updated, the prior and current value of the rule, and the admin who made the change.